Personal contact details: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.afentouli.gr, www.afentouli.com
- Panteion University, Athens, Greece: Ph.D. in Sociology, 2010 (The Position of the British Press in the Greek-Turkish relations, 1955-1965)
- City University, London, U.K.: MA in International Journalism (broadcasting), 2004 (Annan Plan for Cyprus)
- Salford University, Manchester, U.K. & Johannes Gutenberg University, Frankfurt, Germany: BA in European Studies and German (translation-interpreting), 2003 (The Battle of Crete, 1941)
- General Lyceum of Dionyssos, Athens, Greece: school-leaving certificate for secondary education, 1999
- Journalist, Press Office, Public Relations, Special Advisor (U.K. & Greece): Ministry of Education, LifeLong Learning & Religious Affairs, CNN International & CNN Business Traveler, BBC Greek, Ant1, Economist, London Greek Radio (LGR), VP Radio, Τouristiki Agora magazine, Radio for Development (RDF), The Greek Art Hosting Portal, Channel M, Ethnikos Kyrix, Cosmos FM.
- Teaching-Research (U.K., Greece, Cyprus, New York): Queens College CUNY (Sociology), Open University of Cyprus (Communication & Journalism – BA), Technological Educational Institute of Athens (Social Work – BA), Technological Educational Institute of Ionian Islands (Public Relations & Communication – BA), Wolverhampton University/CPJ ((“Contemporary Media” – MA & “Broadcast Journalism” – MA), Greek Schools of Apostle Varnavas (Primary School).
- Certificate: University of Pennsylvania (Positive Psychology)
- E-mentor: London City University
- Student Representative: London City University & Salford University (U.K.)
- Specialisation: Greek-Turkish Relations (“Septemvriana”), E.U., local government, journalism, translation-interpreting, tourism.
- Experience in organizing cultural, educational seminars and events at national & international level.
Author of the book “The position of the British Press in Greek-Turkish Relations, 1955-1965”, 2012 (archives’ research in London, U.K.)
Qualifications: Experience: presenter, correspondent, editor, researcher, interview taking
- PC skills: Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), CoolEdit, Dave, Internet, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver
- Languages: Greek, English, German, French
- Elected (1st preference in votes) Prefectural Councillor of Eastern Attica Region (2010-2014) Duties: executive councillor – Press Office Representative, member of the committee of education, longlife learning, culture, tourism and sports, responsible for tourism sector, Athens
- Elected (2nd preference votes) Dionyssos Town councilor (2007-2010) Duties: member of Dionyssos city Cultural Organisation- organized 1st Youth Festival in Dionyssos, member of Dionyssos 1st Preschool & 1st Primary School Committee, Member of Dionyssos High School & Lyceum School Committee Athens, Co-ordinator and member of Dionyssos Youth Council
- National Writers Union (NWU, Ν.Υ.)
- National Union of Journalists (NUJ, U.K.)
- Cretan Scientists Union (Athens, Greece)
- Pontian (Greeks) Asssociation (Agios Stefanos, Drosia, Greece)
- Union of Constantinopolitans & Minor Asians in Northern Attica “Aghia Sophia” – took the initiative to found & President
- Member of environmental team of Dionyssos Lyceum, Athens
Participation in conferences, seminars (to name a few):
- Keynote speaker on: ““1821 Greek Revolution: A fight for Faith and Motherland”, Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz Jr., in co-operation with Greek-Americans elected representatives, and the Saint Peter the Apostle Orthodox Church, Bronx, NY, 05/04/2019.
- IFJ & NWU Representative, “Journalism and the Empowrement of Women: New Challenges in the Digital World”, UN Headquarters, ECOSOC Chamber, New York, 14/03/2019.
- Participated as a speaker on “Women & Politics”, Council of Gender Equality of the Municipality of Oropos, in co-operation with Oropos Municipality, Central Union of Municipalities of Greece & General Secretariat for Gender Equality, Nea Palatia, Oropos, 15/03/2015.
- Participated as a speaker on “Is Objectivity achievable in Journalism?”, Chania-Med Forum on Energy, Economy, Politics & Power, The International Center for Leading Studies in co-operation with the Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Chania, Under the Auspices of the Hellenic Ministries of Foreign Affairs & of National Defense, Chania, 24-27/07/14.
- “The Hellenic Community of America and the Hellenic Community of Modern Alexandria: A Comparative Study”, 14thInternational Congress on Graeco-Oriental and African Studies- member of the organizational committee, Cultural Center of Kryoneri, Kryoneri of Attica, dedicated to Greek-Arab cultural relations, Kryoneri Attikis, 21-23/06/2014.
- Participated as a representative of Attica Prefecture in Open Days, 11th European Week of Regions and Cities, Brussels, 7-10/10/13.
- Participated as a speaker on “North-South Relations in the EU: Clashes of National Stereotypes in a Period of Economic Crisis”, Forum for Greece & “Friedrich Naumann Stiftung für die Freiheit”, part. Youth- European Expression, Athens, 12/04/13.
- Participated as a representative of Attica Prefecture in Open Days, 10th European Week of Regions and Cities, Brussels, 8-11/10/12
- Conference on “Women working in the field of culture”, WO.ME.N Mechanism, Attica Prefecture, 4/07/12.
- Participated as a representative of Attica Prefecture in Open Days, 9th European Week of Regions and Cities, Brussels, 10-13/10/2011
- Participated as a speaker on “Alternative tourism in Attica. Perspectives and possibilities”, local government transnational conference, Under the Aegis of Attica Prefecture, Athens, 1/07/11
- “A Discourse Perspective on Applied Linguistics”, Prof. B. Hatim, Prof. I. Mason, Ch. Niakaris, Dr G. Seferlis, Hellenic-American Union (HAU), Athens, 03/03/08.
- “Laughing Out Loud: Writing screen & TV comedy”, Andrew Horton, Hellenic-American Union (HAU), Athens, 15/06/07.
- “War & Media”, Susan Ross, Hellenic-American Union (HAU), Athens, 13/6/05.
- “The EU Constitution: the Moral Dimension’’, Sir M. Franklin (chair), A. Duff MEP & Reverend J. Kennedy, Wyndham Place Charlemagne Trust, London, 8/7/04.
Awarded for sponsoring as a Project assistant a Radio for Development programme on inmates’ rehabilitation at Wandsworth Prison, as well as for her Outstanding Contribution and Commitment to Journalism and Politics by the Club for UNESCO of Piraeus and Islands & the World Federation of UNESCO Clubs, Centers and Associations (WFUCA) for Europe and North America.
- Offshore Sailing License, Nautical Club of Vouliagmeni, Athens
- Gymnastics at Zirinion Stadium, Athens
- Fine arts